General Resource Sites
- Archive Portals Europe. Provides access to information on archival material from different European countries as well as information on archival institutions.
- FAQ: Pommern. Frequently asked questions about Pommern. (In English)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Mecklenburg Genealogy: An excellent checklist for research in Mecklenburg. (In English)
- FEEFHS Foundation for East European Family History Studies is a major resource for Germanic genealogy searches. (In English)
- German Genealogy: Mecklenburg. General information, history, association and societies, genealogical and historical records, gazetteers and maps, bibliography and literature, archives and libraries, etc. Contributed by Carol Gohsman Bowen. (In German and English)
- "Germans to America, lists of passengers arriving at U.S. ports." The book series Germans to America is up to volume 67 now. This series indexes passenger arrival lists from US ports, giving names, ages, occupations, and sometimes places of origin for many German immigrants, grouped by families. It also lists the ship, ports, and the date of the passenger ship list. The quality of the transcription varies, and because of its inclusion criteria, it is to be considered an incomplete index to German passengers, but it still can be quite useful. Make sure you consult the original passenger lists also! These series can be found in many large research and genealogical libraries and should be consulted there. There are online databases with GTA that are searchable. From the National Archives https://aad.archives.gov/aad/series-list.jsp?cat=GP44 . From FamilySearch.org https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/2110801 . German to America Series II indexes the years from 1840-1849. Edited by Ira A. Glazier.
- Max Kade Institute: Information about Pomerania. Historical information about Pomerania from the Max Kade Institute at the University of Wisconsin. The Institute has extensive documentary collections relating to German-American history and culture. (In English)
- Metryki.genbaza.pl. Digitized records for viewing online.
- My Pomerania. Web site with extensive Pommern genealogy ideas and links.
- Online Ortsfamilienbücher. Online heritage books including a small section on Pommern books (in Poland section) and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- Pomerania, from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (In English)
- Pommern. Listing of historical events in Pommern from pre-history to the present. (In German)
- Pommerninfo. Includes map, Landkreise (counties), Städte und Orte (towns and villages) pages. (in German)
- Pommern/Pomerania - A Province of Prussia by Carol Gohsman Bowen. Born in Pomerania in 1932, Bowen produces this page out of respect for her homeland. She discusses the demise of Pomerania and Prussia, the constitution of Prussia, the government of Prussia, Prussia and Wars, Literature, etc. (In German and English)
- Pommern Roots. Links to information on Pommern. (In English)
- Die Provinz Pommern im Überblick. An overview of the Province Pomerania. (In German)
- Szukaj w Archiwach. Search the Polish Archives' archival resources online. (in English and Polish)
- ZBC. Historical manuscripts, old prints, cartography, iconography, periodicals, etc. for Pommern.