If you are a member, be sure to log in before exploring the website.
There are features that only appear to members. Log-in by clicking "Member Log-in" found in red bar on the left. If you are renewing your membership or joining online, that is also found there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Pomeranians to Australia
January 22, 2022, 4 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)
A significant number of Pomeranians immigrated to Australia in the 19th century. Why did they choose to come to Australia (and New Zealand)? What was the journey like? Where did they settle? What was their influence on their communities?
Presenter, Eric Kopittke, is a family historian, presenter, and author with a strong interest in Germany and the former German Empire. He has been researching his family since 1985 – in Australia, England, Germany, and the former parts of Germany that now lie in Poland. For over 20 years he has convened the Queensland Family History Society’s Central European Interest Group and is part of the German-Australian Genealogy and History Alliance.
Pomeranians to Australia Registration:
Congratutions to Barbara Zanzig of Bothell, Washington and Mary Haarmann of Waukesha, Wisconsin who won a free year's membership in the Website Challange below! It's too late to enter, but you can still find out a lot about our organzation by hunting for the answers.
All of these answers are found on this website.
1. Award winning author Kathleen Ernst has launched a new mystery series with a Pomeranian main character.
What is the name of that main character?
2. Our website has on online store. What is the name of book number 10 in that store?
3. Who is in charge of creating the German Fest culture display for this group?
4. What is the date of the oldest newsletter available on our website?
5. In what year was the Pommerscher Verein Freistadt founded?
6. Membership in the group offers access to how many names in an online database?
(Hint: the database, NOT the index)
7. What is Erntedankfest?
8. On what date does the group plan to leave for Pomerania in 2022?
9. When is Pommerntag held?
10. What is the Freistadt Heritage Foundation?