Pommerscher Verein Freistadt was founded in 1978 to preserve
our Pomeranian heritage through the study
of its history, genealogy, culture and language.
Meetings are at the historical Lindenwood Community Center building at:
12351 N. Granville Road 111 W
Mequon, Wisconsin 53097
The Lindenwood Community Center is a former schoolhouse and is located near the original
Pomeranian Lutheran settlement village of Freistadt in southeastern Wisconsin.
Monthly meetings are held the second Friday of the month,
usually at 7:00 p.m. Check "Events" for more details.
No meetings in months beginning with "A."
All are welcome to attend.
PVF offers members:
- Surname pedigree database with over 170,000 names submitted.
- Surname research area for submitting of Pomeranian ancestors.
- Pomeranian tours in Germany in odd numbered years.
- Pommerntag, a large ethnic festival, held the last Sunday in June.
- Erntedankfest, a harvest festival, and Weihnachtsfest, a Christmas celebration, both in the Pomeranian tradition.
- Quarterly newsletter, Rundschreiben, which can be received via e-mail or U.S. mail.
- Monthly meetings with a variety of presentations related to the group's mission.
- Library with genealogy and history books plus other reference materials.
- Assistance with genealogical problems.
- Online store offering a members' discount on books, maps, clothing, memorabilia and music.
Questions regarding our organization?
Pommerscher Verein Freistadt
P. O. Box 204
Germantown, WI 53022
Please enclose a business-sized SASE.
Pommerscher Verein Freistadt is a member of the Freistadt Heritage Foundation,
which operates the Lindenwood Community Center.
To find out more about the Foundation and Center, select "Links to Related Groups" at left.