Welcome to the website of the
Pommerscher Verein Freistadt!
We are glad you came to visit.
Please stay awhile.
Be sure to explore the links in
the red bar on the left.
Change in 2018 member fees:
Because of increased printing and mailing costs, PVF has voted to charge an additional $5.00 for each member who requests to receive the newsletter through the U.S. mail. When you choose to renew online with PayPal and credit card, if you simply click the "Renew" button, you will only be set up to get the newsletter via e-mail. If you wish to receive the paper copy by U.S. mail, please also add $5.00 under "Optional donation" on that same page. (Naturally, other donations are gratefully accepted as well!). Thank you!
Receive the Rundschreiben (newsletter) by USPS mail AND e-mail:
Non-voting Associate or Organization $17.00/year
Receive the Rundschreiben (newsletter) by e-mail only:
Non-voting Associate or Organization $12.00/year
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Announcing the Second Annual PVF Scavenger Hunt!
The winner of this hunt will get a free one-year membership! All of the answers are found on this site. To enter, find the answers and submit them to email@example.com by December 31, 2017. TWO names will be drawn from the entries that have all correct answers. The winners will be posted on the website. Good luck!
- What is the third photo down on the Home Page?
- IGGP is the last item on the red bar on the Home Page. What does it stand for?
- When was the Pommerscher Verein founded?
- Where are meetings held?
- Who is the President?
- How many different book titles are offered in the PVF Store?
- Name one type of clothing that can be purchased there.
- What is the name of our premier event in June?
- What is the oldest Rundschreiben newsletter stored on the website?
- What are Rügen, Usedom and Wollin?
- The Pomeranian Genealogy heading on the red bar to the left is a very rich website that is stored on our website. How many subheads, each of which offers a wealth of information about Pomerania and genealogy, does it contain?
Tour of Pomerania
The Pomeranian Heritage Tour Group gathered in front of the
Pommersches Landesmuseum in Greifswald, Germany in May 2017.
The museum specializes in the history of Pomerania.
Tours of northern Germany and Poland, in what was once Pomerania,
were conducted in May 2015 and May 2017. Enjoy some photos of the trips below.